Thursday, February 07, 2008

A New Era



So here is the story:

I have been looking at this bike for about 2 weeks. I first saw it on KSL classifieds and thought that it was a screaming deal at $4400. I guess the only catch was that the bike was in Blackfoot, ID. I called him and he said that he still had it. I basically told him that I wanted it, but I didn't have the money for it right now. But I will have it around the middle of Feb after we close on our house.

So I have been checking every now and then just to make sure that it was still listed. I finally decided to give him a call last night - around 8:00pm - just to make sure he had it. He said, "Uhhhhhhh, I guess I still have it." Dang, I thought - he has already sold it! "A guy is coming from Provo tomorrow to look at it and I assume that he is going to buy it." Adrenaline started to flow through my veins. It would take a couple of hours to get to Blackfoot. How were the roads?

I called up my dad and asked him, and as I was talking with him, I thought that I should have just got on the internet to find out. But my dad said that he was more than willing to go and take a look at the bike. He just didn't want to buy me a lemon. He asked what my brothers were doing. I quickly gave them a call. Couldn't get TOC, but Handlebars came to my rescue! He quickly accepted, expecially since his next best alternative for the evening was to watch Supernanny.

Mom and dad graciously made arrangements to pay for the motorcycle so mom and dad - my check is in the mail. So tehy get there and I guess this guy just lives in a mansion. He was working here in Centerville last year for something and ended up at Full Throttle Motorsports buying new bikes for his entire family. It is a 2006 bought brand new in the spring of 2007 and rode it all of 350 miles. He has changed the oil in it 4 times. It has a dent in the exhaust protector and the clutch lever is bent. It has Renthal handlebars. Handlebars said it looks like it is in very good condition. I guess he is having his 5th baby and he wanted to get out of some debt that he had. So all it takes is just good timing.

I am so pumped. I am so giddy. Christmas truly does occur after December 25th. The Moab date is set - April 10-12. I am getting more and more excited about this! HOW COOL IS THAT? I will end up picking up the bike next weekend when we come up to IF and visit the family.

Eddie's Motorcycle Shop is open for business!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home