Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Am I really THAT old?

Yes, today is the big 30. It didn't really sink in on how old I was until I was playing basketball this fall. Our church team went undefeated and went to regionals where we won our region. We were pretty happy about that. But I looked around our team and slowly did the math. Him? No. Him? Nope? Anyone? Nope. I was the oldest person on our team. Wow. Now that made me feel old.

But we had a cool party on Saturday where we had junk food (hot wings, little smokies in BBQ sauce, chips, dip, home made root beer) and we watched a few movies on our new projector that I got for my birthday. It was really nice.

The Mrs. also got me a really nice present - she framed my degree from the U in a really nice diploma frame. It was awesome. All in all, I have nothing to complain about. Even though I am 30, life cannot get any better.

3 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Alice said...

If it makes you feel any better, I think you are even more handsome now then when we got married...

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger wordsfromhome said...

I agree! There is something about a few years of maturity, a little filling out of the skin and bones, and most likely, fatherhood, to enhance a man's looks. But perhaps it is also partly that we get to know our men better with the years and we like seeing them all the more.

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Happy Birthday Eddie! A little late but conveniently I can post a comment on your post from the right day so it looks like I wished you happy birthday on the right day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home