Sunday, June 17, 2007

End of an era (and a friend)

It is hard to fathom, hard to comprehend, hard to deal with. But the truth just has to be told. I sold my motorcycle on Saturday. Yes, the motorcycle shop is still open, but unfortunately, there is no motorcycle in the shop to work on. It has been almost 5 months since I have ridden him. The last being the Moab trip in February. With school and work, I have not had time to ride him at all.

But there is a good side to this story. Dream Bike v.2, a Yamaha WR450F, has a shorter ETA than before. Plus, because of the sacrifice, the Mrs. said I could get a bike with any accessories that I want! (within reason) A little information about the motorcycle:

Power is incredible
Weight is less that dream bike v.1
Yamaha has a better reputation for durability
I can get a Rekluse auto clutch
Stock gas tank is only 2.1 gallons, but I can get a Clarke Manufacturing 3.2 gallon gas tank

Yes, the sacrifice is great. I will miss a few rides including July 4th, Baumgartner, and a Moab trip. But in my mind, the ROI is greater this way. That is what keeps me going. I even have a picture in my office of v.2. I can almost feel the power now.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice blog
We are making an extensive range of Automotive Switches and allied products for OEMs engaged in the manufacture of Two, Three and Four wheelers. The product range includes Steering Column Mounted Combination Switch, Power Window Switch, Power Seat Switch, Door Switch, Parking Brake Switch, Reverse Light Switch, Facia Switch, A/C Switch, Blower Switch, Head Lamp Leveling Switch and Hazard Warning Light Switch. For more details visit http://www.globalautomotive-industry.com/products-services/accessories/galactic-electric-private-limited/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home