Sunday, March 12, 2006

Today at church

The wife and I gave talks. We have known for quite a while so we have been preparing for a while (yah right). G&G came to church so they looked after the little ones. We were assigned to talk from the little red "Family Guidebook" that the church publishes. I had not looked at in depth, but it does provide some guidelines about teaching the gospel in the home. The second counselor had previously talked with Alice when he assigned the talk to us. He called Saturday night to verify of our assignment. I answered and denied knowledge of the assignment. He got his blood pressure up a bit. It was pretty funny.

I cried a lot during the talk. It was not intended to do such. It went very well, though. I must have done a good job as I received comments from it all afternoon. The best one was from a priest, and he said that it was the best talk that he has listened to. That was a nice comment - especially coming from a priest.

If you want to read the talk, you can download it here.

Please leave a comment on what you think.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

Kyle, I really liked your talk. I thought that it was well done and I felt the spirit from it. Thanks for sharing it with us. Maybe some wanderer in the world will read and become converted from it. That would be real cool!

Hasta

Caleb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home